Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Love Gabe Newell

I do not agree with what the filmmaker is saying, I do not think that downloading is ok, It really is just stealing a product. But the people who are remixing from different songs are trying to make a profit of it. They're just trying to make a income of an already existing product, theyre just editing how it sounds, which is neat but it's not their creation, If I took a picture of Gabe Newell and put a pink bow-tie on him and tried to sell it for a profit that wouldnt be cool.

It is alright to have a bias film but only to help stress your point even more, They did show some parts of the people against downloading music, but 99% of the movie was stressing their point. There is nothing wrong with it, but I think help showing flaws or bad ideas in the opposing people would help prove your point even more.

I think because of the Internet people can do whatever they want whenever they want, and because people can listen to whatever song they want and I think that is decreasing the quality of music and it gives artist less insentive to make every song a good one on their album and make 1 or 2 good songs and to just make the rest "fillers". I do not think it is alright to download music or movies unless you have paid for it, cause it is a form of stealing.

I thought the film was interesting to watch even though I didnt really agree with what the filmmaker was saying, downloading music is used just to listen to it way more than it is for remixes. I think it shows one side of the arguement and I totally disagree with what they stand for. They think it is okay to make a profit off of somebody else's creation which I think is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment