Wednesday, May 25, 2011

kjbdkbaksbkgbuiberiub

Mini review #1: Stop a Gaben


Stop a Gaben is a video released by YouTube user TF2Pyrosux on May 1st 2010. The video contains a still image of Gabe Newell with a pirate hat on and an eyepatch on his face. The song is made up of voice clips of Gabe Newell speaking. The song has a fast catchy beat making the song exciting and fun to dance to. The song currently has 418,983 views with 4,107 Likes and 69 Dislikes showing that many people also like this fine tune.

Gabe Newell being my hero it is nice to hear a song that is not taken serious but to just laugh at and enjoy, Hearing Gaben's witty and insightful sayings put to music is a thing of beauty. Not many people in the world can enjoy the greatest experience in the world, that being hearing Gabe Newells lovely voice. But people should if they can. I recommend this video to anybody in the world who can listen to it.

Overall this video is awesome because of it's unique blend of placing you in a world where nothing can go wrong and still be serious and wacky. Hearing Gaben's soothing voice relaxes you and puts you into a state of mind that can be achieved by nothing else on Earth. The things he says in the video is very funny as well. Not only is this one of the greatest things ever. It's the greatest thing on Earth.

11/10.

Yes, that's not a typo.
Thanks for listening, and have fun!
Mini review #2: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I hate this stupid movie.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a film that was released on March 19th 2004 which was directed by Michel Gondry and stars Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood. Looking at everything that I had just shown to you except for my opening statement looks nice and interesting, lots of good actors. A good director, an interesting movie title, Without knowing anything about the film and that's all that you heard, the actors, director and the title would be bad in some cases. But in this case it would sound like a good movie. Sadly though it is a horrible, crappy, worthless waste of time… at best.

The acting is well done in the movie, but that is really the only good thing that I can say about it, The one thing that totally killed it for me with this movie was that basically the whole film I really had no idea what the Gaben was going on. The movie is very hard to follow and I shouldn't try to have to understand something to enjoy it, unless I really want to enjoy it. I honestly did try to understand what was going on in the movie but I just couldn't keep up with it. The movie moves way to quickly and add that with a confusing storyline and you have a major disaster.

Another thing that totally killed this movie for me was the lack of action, This was a strictly dialogue driven movie, that wouldn't be so bad if I could understand what the Gaben was going on but because this movie moves way to quick and it was confusing to being with, the lack of action made it seem to me that not only was this movie disappointing but also lacking. Lacking the thrill of an action scene, the excitement. This movie disappointed me on so many levels, I finished this movie with more questions then answers. Still trying to figure out in my head what the Gaben was going on.

To be somewhat fair, it may be my own fault that I wasn't able to follow the film, maybe it's not the films fault at all. But still, I left disappointed and felt that I had wasted 1 hour and 48 minutes of my life that I could not get back. This movie is horrible. Please don't watch it.

3/10.

Mini review #3: Sin City comics

Sin City sticks out from the rest of any comic books that I have every read in my entire life. Sin City sticks out of the crowd like a sore thumb in a good way though. The way Sin City sticks out to me is because of it's very little use of dialogue. With a heavier emphasis on the artwork in the comic. It's a neat and interesting experience to be able to rea… well I guess view a comic such as Sin City. When I was re.. viewing Sin City I felt a greater sense of an alone atmosphere, One where the only person who you get to really find and see the true nature of is the main character.

With any other comic book series it's more of an experience of reading a story and experiencing that story, However with Sin City I feel like I'm experiencing a way of living almost from a different point of view, which is very hard to do with any type of media.

Comic books to me is something hard to review, especially jut one specific book when there was most likely a series made out of this, but to review this one I must. I really enjoyed the Sin City comic book that we read in class and I thought it was interesting because of the atmosphere that the feeling that it gave me and I honestly think that this would have not been achieved if it had as much dialogue as a normal comic book. But that is what makes Sin City different, it's a change of pace, and one that's for the better.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment